Killing Lions: A Guide Through the Trials Young Men Face
The Challenge Before You Is a Bold One: To Accept the Wild, Daring Adventure of Becoming a Man
- Sessions Size: Limited to 5 participants. Men between the ages of 17-25 yrs or older to attend.
- Session Materials: Booklet, Journal, Leather Pouch
- Session Attendance: If you miss more than 2 sessions, you will be asked to drop out and redo the study. There is so much information presented that you woud get left behind and it would be impsossible to catch up.
- Session Length: 5 weeks + Graduation Banquet
- Session Start Date: Check WAHU Calendar
- Session Times: Check WAHU Calendar
- Session Investment: It cost approx $150 to put you through this course. We would like for you to have some skin in the game, so the we ask the participant to invest $75.00 and we will cover the remaining cost.
We want to be self-sufficient. Find our own direction as we pursue our dreams. Know it all and never ask for
help. Isn’t this how most guys approach manhood? On our own, pretending we are doing better than we really are? But sooner or later the thrill of independence gets lost in the fog of isolation.
It’s time to take the pressure off. We were never meant to figure life out on our own.
This book was born out of a series of weekly phone calls between Sam Eldredge, a young writer in his twenties, and his dad, best-selling author John Eldredge. Join the conversation as a father and son talk about pursuing beauty, dealing with money, getting married, chasing dreams, knowing something real with God, and how to find a life you can call your own.
Killing Lions is more than fatherly advice. It is an invitation into a journey: either to be the son who receives fathering or the father who learns what must be spoken. Most important, these conversations speak to a searching generation: “You are not alone. Its not all up to you. You are going to find your way.”
SPONSOR A BROTHER
If you would like to help sponsor a WAH candidate you can do it through the on-line giving.
Did you not know that (we) must be about (the) Father’s business?
"And if it seems evil to you to serve the LORD, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that [were] on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD."
As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend.
The LORD is a man of war; The LORD is His name.
WebEx On-Line Confrence Room
We utilize WebEx online conferencing program. Click the icon above to quickly enter into a scheduled conference.
Note: We will provide a meeting number that you can gain entry into our conference room.